Tabs

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Kitchen Scene Still Life Drawing

Hi, when I'm not figure drawing or portrait drawing I'm home practicing in the kitchen with still life drawings. These are fun. I've done a lot of still life drawings. They have really helped my drawing skills. When I draw still lifes, I try not to create the scene. I like walking into the kitchen and look for nice natural set up of kitchen objects. I've tried setting up a kitchen still life scene and it often looks too obvious that I set it up, doesn't look natural. So I walk in the kitchen and search. When I find what I like, I might take out a few elements to make it simpler and then start drawing. These take me about an hour.

One thing I like about kitchens are tile counter tops. Tiles help give my drawing depth, a nice 3D effect.

No comments: